Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two Decades

It is kind of amazing to think back over the now 2 decade span of my life and realize all of the things that happen in the world in 20 years time. To be able to witness the birth of the modern computer - to be there when Windows 95 was revolutionary - and to see the digital age take over so much of the world. I have been alive during the terms of three presidents, two wars in the middle east, and an new type of warfare targeting terrorism. I have seen on live television the worst attacks on the American people in U.S. history. I witnessed the dawn of a new millennium - not just in the United States, but around the world. And now, a presidential election where Americans are seriously considering for the first time electing a woman or African American president. Such dramatic change has occurred, and - for better or worse - it was an exciting time to grow up in. I can't imagine what changes the next 20 years will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment