Monday, December 17, 2012

Like a Kid in a Toy Store

I finally made it to the Lego store at Eastview Mall for the first time this past weekend.  I've been wanting to go since it opened months ago.

Legos were my favorite toys growing up, and I still love playing with them.  Seriously - the only thing that's been stopping me is a skyscraper I built a few years ago that I haven't had the heart to take apart.


Simply the put, the store is amazing.  Wall to wall kits (I only bought those when I wanted a custom piece - they were never put together for more than a few days), and of course the famous "pick a brick wall" where you can buy pieces in bulk!

Naturally, I was drawn to the "Lego Architecture" section that has kits resembling famous buildings.  That's when I stopped in my tracks.  Le Corbusier's "Villa Savoye" made out of legos?!  One of my favorite buildings, combined with my favorite toy?  Gulp.  Okay...these kits are never cheap.  How much?  I don't remember the exact price, but it was something like $69.  Not too bad actually.  I might have to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment